With focus on advanced opto-electronic technologies for ultra-compact large bandwidth optical transceivers for various markets including telecom, datacom, wireless networking and high-performance computing, we are seeking outstanding photonics researchers for ITRI Advanced Photonics Group.
As a Photonics Research Scientist, you will be working on Research and Development of novel integrated photonic devices, circuits, and/or systems for high speed optical interconnect and communication applications. You will be responsible for conducting feasibility studies on novel device architectures by benchmarking against existing solutions, conducting theoretical studies by multi-physics modeling of device performance, designing the devices and working closely with process engineers on device fabrication using state of the art fabrication facility. You will also develop measurement methodology and apparatus to test and characterize the fabricated devices and perform experiments to demonstrate their ability in various potential applications.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through relevant previous job experiences and/or academic trainings.
Minimum qualifications: You must have a PhD or an equivalent degree or in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science, or similar technical disciplines Minimum 3 years of experience in silicon and/or III/V based opto-electronics technologies including:
- Photonics device design, fabrication, and characterization.
- High-speed optical modulators and detectors.
- Semiconductor lasers for optical communications.
- Electrical and optical testing and data analysis.
- Guided wave and free space optics including optical alignment and fiber-to-waveguide coupling.
- Lab experience with high-speed test equipment, such as DCA, VNA, BERT.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more areas listed below:
o Semiconductor physics as related to photonic devices such as diode lasers, modulators, and photo-detectors
o Test and measurement automation tools for opto-electronic device testing
o Feedback control for lasers and optical systems
o Coherent optical communications
o Digital signal processing and link modeling
o Opto-electronic packaging and integration
o RF package design and signal integrity
- Strong presentation, technical writing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in an interdisciplinary team
- Self-starter and highly motivated to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging professional environment
- Results oriented and focused on quality of work
Fill in the form below and we will reply to you as soon as possible